Monday, January 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

This year on Thanksgiving our plan was to spend it with my family since last year we spent it with Hunter's family... but everything seemed to work out so we could spend time with both!! Hunter's mom's side of the family said they were meeting at 11 for dinner at his grandma's church and my family was meeting at 1 so it was perfect! We headed to the church on Thanksgiving morning and Hunter's Uncle and Cousin were there and we all started setting up.. 1230 comes and still no one is there.. we were kind of expecting it. Everything always starts 1-2 hours after it was really suppose to :) So we headed up to my parents saying Good-bye to everyone that was just arriving. We got to my parents and Everyone was there including my Uncle Kurt and Aunt Lisa and cousins McKay and Eli. We went straight to eating and then after that just visited and played a few different games and then ate yummy pies! Once it was dark we started our drive to go see the Spanish Fork festival of Lights!! (we go EVERY year on thanksgiving :))



 
 

When we got back to my parents house after the lights Kari decided she wanted to go do some black Friday shopping at Walmart!! So me my mom and Kari went and stood in line for about 45 minutes and then at 7:55 they let us go to the movies! Every one was running and pushing and we were just grabbing movies we wanted and would go through them later if we didn't want them. I got a ton of movies and so did Kari, My mom however wasn't as lucky. She stood in line on the side that only had blu-ray movies. She was stuck in the middle of a hundred people and couldn't find her way out and was upset at not being able to get any movies. Luckily Hunter was there and he saw her and she was almost in tears gasping for every breath (we forgot she is REALLY claustrophobic) and hunter was able to get her out. The police officers that were in control of the movies were really rude and were swearing at everyone and saying make room I'm coming through and at one point people were pushing me into the Police officer  and I just kept saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry " (I'm not your typical black Friday shopper, I know :) ) and then he just grabbed my shoulders lifted me off the ground and moved me over on the other side. I was grateful cause I was trying to get out.



Overall it was a really fun Thanksgiving break! And I will keep working on taking more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment