Thursday, August 2, 2012

Memorial Day

This year was the annual Anhder Family Reunion (well... every other memorial day). I always look forward to memorial day to spend time remembering those who have passed and made an impression on the lives of those around them. We always go and see my nephew Jacob's grave and leave flowers and then My grand parents Grave and my dad's sister Karren's grave.


And these are pictures of the graves from 2 years ago... this year they had about five times the flowers on all the graves :)







We drove up to Logan the day before Memorial day and checked into the hotel and My Aunt Julie and Uncle Jerry and most of my cousins from Colorado came for the reunion. We were all SO excited that they came. We played games, went swimming and just hung around the hotel most of the day.







On Memorial Day we woke up early for breakfast then drove to Willow Park and walked around and fed the fish and ducks and watched the monkeys. Then we went up to my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Kurt's house and helped them set up for the reunion. I sat and looked through a book my Aunt Margo had made that had pictures and papers from previous reunions and a lot of stories that my Grandma wrote about herself. It was so fun talking with my Aunt Margo and learning about my grandma and how I'm a lot like her :)










Then the reunion started and all the boys were trying to beat my dad's score in the bean bag toss, talking with family, eating LOTS of GREAT food, and of course Anhder bingo!



My Aunt Margo painted this. She is amazing!!



Aunt Julie thought it would be fun to put her head through and let Margo try and make it through the hole.. or hit her face :) And no worries she never got hit.. but did come real close :)







Once a lot of people started leaving we just stayed and visited because My brother Brad was coming up from Logan and my sister Emily was down from Idaho as well!! It was the first time in a few years that the whole family was all together!



My mom and Tucker. He is so cute!


Emily, Tayli and Kari 


Brad, my dad and Emily



My dad felxing.. trying to be as big as Brad :) 



Tayli, Kari, Tucker and me jumping in the bounce castle.


Sisters!! :)

The whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment